SOMMET – G!RO Festive Ride
Friday 29 December sees us team up with our mates at G!RO Cycles Esher for an excuse to shed some Christmas excess, add to your #festive500 or maybe even escape the outlaws.
We will be meeting for coffee at 08:00 and leaving the cafe at 08:30 sharp!
2 High Street // Esher // Surrey // KT10 9RT
The route will be approximately 135 km, through Surrey and down to Sussex along quiet country lanes. Speed will be 26 – 28 kph but we may split into two or more groups depending on numbers.
This is a social ride you are welcome to join, you are expected to look after yourself, it’s not supported and neither Sommet or G!ro cycles will accept any responsibility if you have an accident. It will be cold and there will be icy patches, look out for yourself and signal potholes and obstructions for others. We obey the rules of the road and consider all other road users at all times.
- Coffee and breakfast at 0800, depart at 0830 prompt
- 125 -140 lm // 5-6 hours // 26-28kph
- Route TBC
- Helmets, cycling clothing and clip in shoes are compulsory
- No TT bikes, fixed gear/single speeds or clip on aero bars are permitted for both safety and riding reasons
- Each rider must be self sufficient. Bring your own food, water, tools and navigation (Garmin/Smart Phone)
We may limit the number of riders so sign up is essential, see below.